Drinking Water (Potable)
£30.00 excl. VAT
The test is sometimes called a “Potable” or “Drinking Water Test” and is used to check the water quality in:-
Swimming Pools, Hydrotherapy Pool, Spas & Jacuzzis
Drinks Vending Machines, Ice Machines & Drinking Water Units
Our laboratory will test your water sample for:-
- Total Viable Count @ 22°C
- Total Viable Count @ 37°C
Each pack contains a 500 ml sterile bottle and full instructions. The bottle has additional sodium thiosulphate to neutralise chlorine disinfectant and ensure accurate results.
Contact AquaCert at least 24 hours before you fill the bottle so that we can arrange for a courier to collect it from your property.
There is no cost for the courier collection, AquaCert has national contracts with several courier companies to ensure samples are picked up and delivered to the laboratory.
The cost of this product includes the following:-
- Instructions on filling the sample bottle(s).
- Details on when to contact AquaCert (at least 24 hours before taking the sample) to arrange sample pick-up.
- A courier collection from your selected address to our laboratory.
- Laboratory analysis.
- Certificate of analysis.
- Interpretation of the results and the level of risk (if the sample shows elevated TVC counts or positive for E.Coli/Coliforms).
- Recommendations on how to reduce the risk.
To conform with UKAS, we must receive the water sample within 24 hours and during that period the sample should be maintained at approx. 4°C – this is why AquaCert only use dedicated couriers. The pack is sent out in a transit box which has ice packs and insulation to ensure your returning sample remains compliant throughout the journey.
(If transit boxes are not returned you will be invoiced £34.00 + VAT to cover its replacement).
In addition to the cost of the test, AquaCert Ltd charge the current postage rate to send the pack out to your selected address.
Water samples are incubated for 72 hours at the laboratory before the final results can be confirmed.
No Question and Answers available now